Heights | Amber |
Cheney | Colbert
| Country Home |
Deer Park |
| Fairwood |
Four Lakes |
Green Acres |
Green Bluff |
Liberty Lake |
Medical Lake |
| Newman Lake |
Otis Orchards-East Farms |
Spokane Valley |
Town and Country |
is a town in Spokane County.
Latah was officially incorporated on April
is an incorporated city in Spokane County, on the Idaho state line. Liberty Lake
is a suburb of Spokane, Washington. Thus, it is situated between Spokane and
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.
Liberty Lake was named after an Etienne Edward Laliberte (A
French Canadian-1871), later he changed his name to Steve Liberty, a mail
carrier and homesteader by the Lake.
Liberty Lake was officially incorporated
on August 31, 2001. The lake itself is located outside of the city limits as it
is outside the urban growth boundary. City
is a city in Spokane County. It also houses
one mental hospital, Eastern State Hospital.
is a small unincorporated farming community
north of Spokane in Spokane County. This
rural area is not tracked by the United
States Census Bureau.
In 1900 Mead
was the second stop on the Spokane Falls &
Northern Railway. The community included the
Cushing & Bryant general store, a blacksmith
shop, a public school with approximately 60
students, a Methodist Episcopal church, and
a Sunday school. At the time the post office
was located in the Cushing & Bryant store.
The Mead School District, which is named
after the town of Mead, as their very first
school was built there, enrolls
approximately 9000 students in two high
schools, two middle schools, and eight
elementary schools. The district also has an
alternative high school.
Mead is home
to the computer game development firm, Cyan
Worlds, makers of Myst and Riven. The Kaiser
Aluminum Mead Works, which operated as a
leading area employer from 1942 until
curtailment in 2001, is nearby.
is an unincorporated community in Spokane
County. Milan is a rural community located
along the Burlington Northern Railroad, east
of Deer Park. It is named after the Italian
city of Milan.
In 1900 Milan was an
important shipping point on the Great
Northern Railway. There were two sawmills in
the community, and two more within a couple
of miles, which supplied lumber to the city
of Spokane. James Conalton was Milan's
postmaster and storekeeper at the time.
Millwood was officially
incorporated on October 26, 1927. it was
named for the local paper mill.
According to the Tacoma Public Library's
Washington Place Names database: "In 1900,
it was chosen as a station by the
Spokane-Coeur d'Alene Electric Railway, and
was named Woodward's for the family who
owned the land along the railway route. When
Inland Empire Paper Company built a paper
mill they requested a name change to
Milltown. Railway officials refused the
change unless the Woodward family agreed. A
compromise resulted, using the word mill
combined with the first four letters of
Woodward. It was incorporated October 27,